20 firefighters battle blaze in Blackbird Leys

PICS: Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue

Three fire engines attended the scene in Knights Road.

Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue Service were called to a Tumble dryer fire which had spread to the ground floor of a two-storey home at around 11am.

Extensive damage was caused to the ground floor kitchen area.

The fire is thought to have been caused by an electrical fault.

Two people were treated for smoke inhalation and the road was closed off to motorists for a couple of hours. 

Fire crews stayed at the scene for around two hours damping down.

Crew Manager Adam Summers from Rewley Road Fire Station is reminding everybody to ensure they have working smoke alarms and that they are regularly tested and maintained.

More from Oxfordshire News

JACK 3 & Chill

Don't Go Breaking My Heart by Elton John / Kiki Dee

JACK fm

When Love And Hate Collide by Def Leppard

JACK 2 Hits

I Don't Care by Ed Sheeran / Justin Bieber